Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Stenciling

Yes, I have tried a new craft. I made myself a sweet new shirt, using a 99 cent bottle of fabric paint, a $4 dollar shirt, a stencil made out of freezer paper, and a stiff-bristled paintbrush I dug out of my craft bin. Please excuse the crappy photo - when I didn't have the flash on it got really blurry, for some reason. The yellow is a bit brighter in real life.



The idea is that everyone has shirts with names of bands on them, so I made myself a shirt that just says 'band' on it. I don't know how well that gets across, though. I wore it yesterday and my sister thought it meant "I'm with the band", like those shirts that say "Security" on them or something.

Still, I love it. And I'm afraid of what will happen when I try to wash it. :X

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    I found you on Craftster and wanted to say hi!
    To make sure it will be safe in the wash, you should heatset it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home