Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Look, a FO!

Not only did we get a new digital camera, but I also have a FO to show off using it:



This Irish Hiking Scarf is a Christmas present for someone in my family - not going to say who, since you never know who reads these things! It was made with two balls of Paton's Canadiana in Forest Green (I think that's the name of the color...) on a size seven circular needle because all my size 7 straight needles have other projects on them. At about 60 inches long, it's a bit shorter than I'd like, but I ran out of yarn - it hadn't occured to me that I'd need more than two balls of yarn for a scarf!

Here's a closeup of the cables:



This was my first cabeling project in ages. (I made the Hurry Up Spring armwarmers from SnBN almost as soon as I got the book, which was a while ago.) I'm working up to making Mariah this summer. Trying not to think about how much more complicated the cables are on that.

Here's an almost-FO picture of the BBBB:



I have another few inches until I start the outer border, and then I'm DONE! I made another blanket almost exactly like this when my friend Courtney had a baby - same yarn, same color, same pattern. I think it was even the same needle. This one is a bit bigger though, since I started it when I didn't have the pattern on me. When it's done it'll probably be about a yard square. A good size, I think.

Still working on that pink cardi. ::blush:: I haven't even finished the main piece. It's been sitting in my knitting bag for so long that it's gotten some serious wrinkles. I'll have progress to report on that soon, really!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger SmurfPop said…

    Erm, is it just me or is there another 6 months til Christmas? Please don't tell me you're that organised... :p x

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Gwen said…

    lol, no, I'm not usually that organized....watch, this'll be the only Christmas present I get done for the mext 5 months and two weeks. XD

    Love your hair by the way. I'm trying to decide between a color a few shades lighter than that or hot pink...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home