Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm still here!

Hey guys, I haven't died since last month, don't worry. I just don't have a working digital camera right now, which is kind of a pain, so I haven't updated much. I've been continuing to work on Grandma's sweater; I'm almost done with the back...the end is in sight, but I've kind of lost steam on it. I also started a BBBB for a friend of the family who's expecting (or at least something close to a BBBB, I didn't actually use a pattern this time.) That's pretty much all I have going right now, which is amazing in and of itself. Oh, wait, that's not strictly true. I also have been experimenting with making felted bracelets, although right now "experimenting" means I've got two sitting on my desk and have not actually felted them yet. I'll let you know how that goes.

I also got two free circular needles today! They're both size five, one is 18" and one is 29". Rob (the guy who lives in our basement in Jersey, long story) found them when he went to his storage facility. Apparently someone was throwing out a bunch of knitting material, and he grabbed these for me. Thanks Rob! So now I'm planning to make a hat with the shorter one, since the only things I've made on circular needles have been either flat or not wearable.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger k said…

    Whats a BBBB? Glad to see you are still posting. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home