Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hi.

I'm sorry I'm not here much. It's not that I'm not knitting - I've been knitting more than ever lately. I finished that scarf, and a tail for Nora, and a hat for my friend Alisa, and started that blanket for Grandma. Life has just been getting in the way of actually writing.

I don't know if I've mentioned it on here or not, but my dad has had cancer for about a year and a half. He's such a big, strong man - a six foot seven police officer - that it never even occured to me that he wouldn't beat it. He's been going through his treatments like the hero he is. But he hasn't been reacting to the chemo in the way that he should. He'll stay on it anyway, but he doesn't have very long. A year at the most, a month at the least.

My family and I are trying to deal with this and keep on keeping on as best we can - I mean, I'm supposed to be looking at colleges right about now. And I have a major surgery coming up over the summer. (Like we need any more medical stuff.) So, while I'm knitting almost constantly - it's very relaxing - I might not be writing in here very often.

Blessed be.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger k said…

    I am sorry about your Dad. I will pray for him.

    Your blue wavy scarf has inspired me. Now I want to make one too.

    And I really like your blog. :)

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there, and remember to take care of yourself during these tough times... It's so easy to put yourself last when the ones you love are in pain. Be brave and be strong and try to live every single moment with love and faith, even when things get scary. -your SP6

     

Post a Comment

<< Home