Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Okay, I'm filling out the SP6 questionnaire, because some stuff has changed...I'll do a real post soon, I promise.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I do avoid Red Heart, but some Lion Brand is okay. Natural fibers are best, but I don't mind acrylics if they're soft.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Nope! I tried to learn how to crochet, but...well, it didn't happen.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Nope! But I don't like the smell of smoke.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Um...about four years, I guess. Since middle school. But I took about a year off.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes I do! :) It's linked on my sidbar.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Food smells, like vanilla or other spices... and I LOVE the Christmas Cookies scent from Yankee Candles. Stuff like that.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Do I ever.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Not a whole lot. I keep trying to get into other things, and keep coming back to knitting.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like pretty much everything except for rap and yodeling. :) My favorite genres, though, are any kind of rock, pop punk, doo wop, and J-pop.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite colors are purple and hot pink - my favorite color combination is hot pink and black. But as long as it's bright (or black - weird, I know) I'll like it! I just don't like dull colors, like gray or brown.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my parents and our dog. No, I'm not some 30-year-old who never moved out - I'm still in high school.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Go to NYU, major in Theater Design, work on Broadway for a few years, get married, have a couple kids, move back to Princeton, raise my kids and run the community theater. is it weird that I have this all planned out already?

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I love Cacade 220 because it's moderately priced, felts well, and comes in awesome colors - I also love Frog Tree Alpaca because it's SO SOFT, cheap, and also comes in awesome colors. :)

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything itchy, ugly-colored, too novelty-ish, or made from gasoline.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Hm. I don't know, I don't really have one right now! Weird. Just learning new skills. Oh, actually, I've been doing a whole lot of charity knitting.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Accessories - hats, scarves, purses, wristbands, gloves...the list goes on. I'm hoping to do an actual sweater soon though.

17. What are you knitting right now?

A teddy bear.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Some of them are okay, some of them are justt freakish. I have a really nice red one (it's machine-made, a lacy type pattern, and everyone always asks me if I made it myself - WAY too complicated) and I don't need any more.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Both are good.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo or casein - aluminum is okay too, but I don't like plastic.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Soon, hopefully!

22. How did you learn to knit?

My friend Wendy brought me to a group at her church who were knitting hats for kids in Trenton. Now I'm teaching HER new techniques!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Um...that'd be the Letter Have It bag. I don't know. About six months - maybe more.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Oh, god, you're asking an anime nerd this?? Well, I love the Totoros, and Koga the wolf-demon from Inuyasha - pretty much all anime wolves are cool, especially the ones in Princess Mononoke. And I LOVE Ed from Cowboy Bebop, and Ein, too...I'll spare you my list of favorite videogame characters.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas! And Halloween. And my birthday. :D

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Shoelaces. Cool ones. And demo CDs,

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

A few - check out my Amazon wishlist.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

Nope! I really just need more pattern books. T_T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home