Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

1:12 AM

It's about 1:15 in the morning, and I don't feel tired at all. I do have a headache. This isn't good, though - I'm working at the Ten Thousand Villages booth at a farmer's market at 8 in the morning tomorrow. So I'll probably have to get up at 7:30...and get about 6 hours of sleep, if I go to bed and fall asleep within fifteen minutes...I've been working in the yard all day, you'd think I'd be more tired.

Anyway, enough ranting. I have been continuing my charity knitting rampage. I recieved my pattern from the Mother Bear Project, and have finished the main piece. I also have plans for a striped roll-brim hat. And I still have to sew in the ends for the Tie One On, and do those wristwarmers for my nephew. And I have to send off the things I've finished already. I went to the post office yesterday and sent off three packages - two to friends who are in boarding school, one to my SP5 pal - but I haven't sent off the hats I finished yet. Maybe I'll wait until I have a few bears to send. Oh, and the cat blankets! man, I've got to get cracking.

I also got another package! I got six balls of fun fur in pink, black and white - love the colors - a bar of soap that smells SO GOOD, two cute little TY elephants, a pretty bookmark, and two Japanese anime magazines! SO COOL! I can't read them, of course, but it's way fun to look through them reading the Engrish, looking at the fanart, realizing how much of an anime nerd I am that I recognize and can name almost all of the character pictures without having to read it...where did you get these?? :D There's an ad in one for Tales of Symphonia, one of the best games EVER...they had the Japanese and English versions of all the names, except that they called Genis 'Genius'. >_< Gotta love the Engrish. It kinda makes sense, though.

I'll post pictures soon, but right now I have a headache and am determined to get six hours of sleep.

Fo shizzle!

Sorry, that was kind of random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home