Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Golden moles are so cute!

I'm watching Animal Planet. Golden moles are so cute. They're like little puffs of fur without heads or legs or ANYTHING except little bumps that are either noses or penises. Who knows.



Now, onto more knitty matters. I got another card today!



It made me happy. And gave some good advice. ^_^ But I'm confused - the two cards are definitely from two different people. Do I have more than one angel? Not that I'm complaining, of course. Anyway, as far as actual knitting goes, I've been working on that green cat blanket I started, and I have to say it's coming out pretty well. It'll be great, if I can scrounge enough green yarn to finish it. Ah, the joys of knitting with scraps.

While I have been busy with knitting, Xbox, cross stitch, cooking, and all my other stuff - and my nephew Eddie, who's here for a few weeks - I have found a reminder of my wish to learn how to crochet.



Isn't that beautiful? It was done by BlackDog and is just rocking my socks right off. I can't believe the colors in it! SO amazing. I want one. The pattern is from Toast & Marmalade, which isn't on Amazon.com, or I would put in on my wishlist. I have a feeling that if I learned how to crochet, though, I'd how to do that whether I bought the pattern or not. And I don't really like most of the other patterns in there. Although that could just be because they're using such dull colors...I like bright stuff. :)

I was very bitchy today. I'm sorry, Mom! I don't think she reads this, but it can't hurt. I was PMSing. So I went out and got myself a bar of fair trade Divine chocolate from Ten Thousand Villages, where I volunteer and where you should shop because they do good work. I also picked up a bar for my Secret Pal, who I think I will send another package before SP5 ends. I'm thinking sock yarn and Hello Kitty, but I don't have a lot of time - signups for SP6 have already started! And I've signed up, of course. ^_^ I'm going off on vacation tomorrow, though. Up to Lake Mohonk in upstate NY for a week, with my parents and the Edmeister. Should be good. I am looking forward to much swimming, massages, and of course knitting. :) Ah, man, I could use a massage right now...see, this is why I need a boyfriend. Someone to get me fair trade chocolate and give me massages. I'd be a good girlfriend! Hm. Maybe I should have Rod lend me one of hers.

Nah.

Okay, I'm off to sleep, and the upstate. See you in a week!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep...there are two of us, I'm the oooollllllddddd one - hehe. Im glad you got the card, I have a package for you that should go out by the end of the week. Enjoy!

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    Neither of those cards were from me, so...maybe you have three?

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Mole Remover said…

    Hey. I like this page. If you ever need help working on it you can send me your page anytime if you every get stuck doing updates. I am also an ecommerce geek and I can show you how to make money with this blog. I would be glad to do this for free; the only thing I ask in return is a small favor. Please post this link to this site from here. Skin Cancer Treatments. The site is filled with skin cancer pictures and information. There is also a great one about moles and abnormal growths. Be warned though; most of this is stuff is very gross and graphic, but people need to see what this skin cancer looks like: cancerous mole pictures. On that note - get naked and check your body all over for skin growths. If you are not sure what skin cancer looks like will be great education and a great web site to bookmark.
    If you need me my web design company is Reno SEO...PEACE!

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Skin Cancer Symptom said…

    Hi, can you post these links for me from here? They are about
    skin cancer...I put together the best sources available for
    Skin
    Cancer
    in one place. If you don't know what skin cancer
    looks like; this is also a great source:
    Skin Cancer Mole Pictures
    another great source of information about moles and
    HREF="http://www.moleremedy.com/Mole_Removal.html">
    Mole Removal
    is MoleRemedy.com

    "These Skin Cancer Mole Pictures are pretty gross but they
    need to be shown." "People need to see this stuff so they can avoid
    skin cancer." Thanks!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Mole Skin said…

    Hi I do web design. I can help you work on this blog anytime if you ever get stuck doing updates any website. The only thing I ask in return is post a few cancer links on this site for me... they are about Skin Cancer. If you not sure what skin cancer really looks like, you should take a moment to look at these skin cancer pictures:: Skin Cancer Mole Pictures Sorry, Skin Cancer Mole Pictures are "without question; disgusting." For information about Moles or Mole Remover check out this herbal remedy:
    Mole Remedy for an all natural mole remover

     

Post a Comment

<< Home