Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm planning the stuff I'm going to knit for Christmas. Yes, that's right. Six months ahead of time. Why? Because I just gave my Dad his scarf from last Christmas about a month ago, that's why.

I'm not stupid enough to knit people sweaters, since I know they probably won't appreciate them. So, scarves, hats, and mittens are on the menu. I've found a whole bunch of kickass patterns on the web and bookmarked the ones I have in my book.

The only problem is...you know...yarn. Don't get me wrong, I have a nice little stash, but I have all these random balls of yarn that really wouldn't go too well together and definitely wouldn't fit into any of the patterns I have. I need to go yarn shopping.

Not anytime soon, though. I'm not getting rewarded with a yarn shopping spree for my grades this summer...oh no. I'm getting a trip to Japan.

SCORE! I'm totally psyched.

But since my parents are paying for the plane ticket, they're not giving me any spending money. So I need to save up every penny for the next few weeks. Which is a pain - I mean, I'd like to have something to knit on the disgustingly long flight.

Meh. Secret Pal, if you're out there...I could use a couple balls of yarn...preferably that match each other. ~_~ I haven't gotten anything yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I mean, IF everything went as scheduled, my pal will just be getting her first package today. I'm just...you know...reminding. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home