Addicted Knitter

Gwen is a high school junior stranded on a not-quite-deserted island. (Manhattan.) She's obsessed with knitting and everything japanese.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Happy Days

Woot! I'm having a very good day. Well, I think I may have failed my French final. But other than that.

As of 10:30 this morning, when I finished my last final, I am done with sophomore year. (There's two more days, but one is going to Coney Island and the other is just partying and returning textbooks.) Mom came up to the school so I could show her around the neighborhood and we could check out real estate - we're moving to Brooklyn next year, because I refuse to sleep on the couch for my entire high school career. It seems that she likes the place almost as much as I do. I showed her all the best places - Zam's, the Meeting House, everything on Court street, and of course Knit-A-Way. She let me pick out two skeins of yarn as congratulations for finishing exams, which was sweet of her. I got some chunky blue stuff to finish my first cat blanket and some sock yarn that reminds me of those 'confetti' cake mixes. It's cute. I can't wait to try knitting socks.

I was also there a couple days ago, picking up a bday present for Barbara, who I taught to purl and bind off last month, and found the best deal I have ever seen. Okay, I know I said I don't like acrylic...but this skein of hot pink Caron's 'simply soft' acrylic was lying on top of all the other pastel stuff, and it just called to me. I love it. I love it. It was only four bucks, it's the exact pink I love, and it's a NO DYE LOT YARN! So any other 'Rubine Red' I get will be exactly the same as this one!

Ah, I love my life.

I decided to make a couple of punky teddy bears with it. They're going to be called Morgan and Travis. And they are going to be the coolest, sexiest teddybears you ever did see. Morgan is already sitting in my knitting bag, ready to be stuffed.

So, I have acquired a whole bunch of UFOs lately. (which is fine, seeing as summer vacation is coming up.) I have two cat blankets, Morgan and Travis, the eternal Letter Have It bag, and later tonight probably another teddy bear (purple) and, if I'm feeling extra ADD, my first pair of socks.

It's a crazy, crazy world.

I also got my secret pal tonight! Hi secret pal! That was way cool. She sounded nearly as hyper as me in her email. I also got the person who I'll be secret pal too, who lives right near where I was born, which is cool, and shares a bunch of my interests, which is cooler. I plan to send her a postcard and pick up some Hello Kitty stuff for her tomorrow if I've got time. Also fix my 'stalked bloggers' HTML, which blogger is screwing with again, and post pictures of my UFOs. Should be interesting.

Okay, I think that's it. Au revoir! (see, I do know some French.)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger spirals said…

    hello. thanks for commenting. im glad you like the arm socks i really dig em too... and the pattern is sooo easy... and you cant beat something corseted right :)

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Gwen said…

    Definitely. I'm going to try to make a little corseted piece in the back of a black dress for my teddy bear. Should be fun. :) If it works, I may have to make myself some of those armwarmers...

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bonjour! je ne sais pas comment dire "secret pal" en francais, mais c'est moi!

    je parle un peu de francais, aussi!

    : )

    je vais envoyer un cadeaux ce semaine!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home